November 28, 2011

Basic Autumn

Whenever I go into a store, I unfortunately pick whatever catches my eye and rarely take enough time to think how that particular item fits into my wardrobe. Lately though, I have been trying to be more deliberate with my clothing choices. In addition to my closet edit challenge, I went online-window shopping for a "dream" selection of basic pieces that would help me create a versatile autumn wardrobe. Though I don't have the budget for these pieces right now, I still put a lot of thought into them, an exercise that helped me learn more about my style and preferences - knowledge that I hope to apply for future purchases.


1. Dagg & Stacey Cambridge Coat, CAD$388
2. Laura Elizabeth Jewelry Elm Earrings in Gold, $112 (Real leaves!!!)
3. Amour Vert Tanu Red Peace Silk Blouse, $99
4. Matt & Nat Barnes Bag, CAD$245
5. Del Forte Dark Blue Wide Leg Laurel Organic Jeans£135
6. Hovey Lee Yakima II Bracelet, $55
7. Viridis Luxe Bamboo Drop Back Cinch Waist Dress£143
8. Elle Plain Bamboo Tights in Black£10
9. Jackpot Presta White Cotton Shirt£45
10. Curator Darling Dress in Oxblood, $150
11. Komodo Moira Organic Cotton Hemp Skirt£55
12. Branch Fair Trade Knitted Snood Scarf£25
13. People Tree Orla Kiely Teacup Skirt£70 (Teacup print!!!)
14. Beyond Skin Kenzi Black Faux Suede Heels£124£76
15. Mudd & Water Newport Breton Style Knit£59
16. Elroy Apparel Brya Jacket, CAD$110
17. Jackpot Manitha Cotton Cardigan£98

• A few pointers that I kept in mind while picking my favourites 

I can truly see endless possibilities with these items, but I wanted to put together a few outfit ideas that I'm most excited about:

8 comments:

  1. Ana, this is a stunning collection of pieces, and yes I totally agree -endless possibilities! I've learned to become a lot more deliberate with my purchases as well, and I really try to plan what I'm going to buy rather than just buy stuff. Happy shopping!! xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, I like it so much! Great selection!!!

    Fox House giveaway on my blog!
    Take a look and maybe follow?: Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with a lot of your choices. I have a lot of darker colors for winter themes but I'd really like more mustards, burgandies and dark green leafy colors for the fall. The thing is, I still don't know what to wear with them because I'm not great at mixing so many colors yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect autumn checklist. I love those striped tops. Stripes look great layered underneath a blazer.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such great basics to add to any closet, and they'll be perfect for mixing and matching. Love the outfits you created with them!
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your choices!! Especially the red dress is so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, I pretty much want every single thing you featured here. It's all so feminine and classy, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...