April 2, 2012

Spring Buds


I have mentioned this before (here) but I couldn't be more excited about spring. Granted, we've had a short and mild winter, but the prospect of warm, sunny days when nature comes back to life is absolutely thrilling to me. In fact, what I'm looking forward to the most is seeing beautiful flowers pop up everywhere. Late last summer, my brother and I spent an entire week-end planting bulbs in our front yard, and this week we've seen for the first time the outcome of all our hard work, as many of those bulbs are growing and making their way up from underneath the warm layer of mulch that kept them cozy during winter. I'm happy as can be that soon enough my camera - and blog! - will be filled with photos of beautiful blooms from our own little piece of land and in the meantime, I'm keeping inspired (on my Tumblr) with tons of stunning flower pictures from around the blogosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...