March 1, 2013

This February

We are already two full months into 2013. How wild! Every year, somehow, the time seems to pass by faster and faster, and every year I try to find ways to enjoy the little moments and to remember more of them, in hopes of making it seem slower. That's why I want to write these monthly recap posts: because to me, looking at a shorter period of time - rather than the entire year so far - makes me realize that maybe time didn't pass quite as quickly. Remembering specific things, entire days and special moments from the last 30 or so days helps me to see just how much has happened in this time span, and how much I have, in fact, lived.

All of February, I was worried that I wouldn't have anything to write for this month because most days looked so similar to those from January. That was until I finally made the decision to stop contemplating and just open a new post to write whatever comes to mind. From there, I had my topics outlined in a matter of minutes. And just like that, February looks to have been a little more eventful, a little more busy and a little more lived than I had made it up in my head.


Knitting: Whereas last month, I was overwhelmed by so many yarns and ideas of what to make with them, this month I decided to focus on just one and start working with it. I picked a beautiful off-white yarn and have been working tirelessly on a project idea for which I had tested the pattern in January. I have been enjoying the process and getting excited about finishing and wearing it soon.


Snow: Although we've been spared from last month's frigid temperatures, I can't say the same about the amount of snow we've been getting. We faced a couple of snowstorms throughout the month and another one, that I hope was the last of the season, this week. Luckily, the milder temperatures and the anticipation of spring being just around the corner makes it all seem a little more bearable. But at the same time, I can't wait to have this feeling again once clear signs of spring show up, and if history is any indication, I don't have too much longer to wait!


Garden preparations: It's already time to start thinking about this year's garden, so we've ordered and received the last of the seed packets that we need - we bought from the same company as last year, Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds, and have added a few more varieties to the mix, both veggies and flowers. I've also started to study from our gardening books - Apartment Gardening, One Magic Square, and The New Seed-Starters Handbook - in order to plan the layout of the garden and make sure we have enough space for everything.


Disclaimer: The book links used in this post are part of the Amazon Associates program.

1 comment:

  1. Those gardening books look wonderful!

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...