June 11, 2013

This Is Me


I am a girl.

I am a daughter, a sister, a university graduate, a full-time employee.

I am a dreamer.

I am shy, emotional and sensitive.

I am young, I know I am, even if it doesn't always feel that way (maybe in itself a sign of my youth).

I am not like everyone else, in fact, I don't think I am like anyone else.

I am much too often overthinking things, and not often enough acting on them.

I am knowledgeable about some things, and completely clueless about so many others.

I am making lots of mistakes, and making efforts to learn from them.

I am scared and overwhelmed at times, and trying to keep going regardless.

I am on occasion hopeless, but generally trying to stay hopeful.

I am at a turning point, and wondering if it will all turn out ok.

I am not yet where I want to be, but I am finding my way.

I am 24 today, and I intend to enjoy my day.


* This is a photo from two summers ago, but it is one of my favourites, from one of my favourite times in my life so far, so it felt like the right choice for my most special day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...