July 11, 2014

Homegrown Flowers // Spring & Early Summer 2014


Until three years ago, I was a city girl raised in apartments for as long as I knew. Three years ago, I became a city girl raised in apartments who would start calling a house in the suburbs home. Needless to say, it's been a complete change of scenery, and the adjustment process for me hasn't been quite as smooth as I had hoped for. Sure, some of it has to do with more than just the location and type of house I live in now, but so far I have not - and I'm not sure I ever will - turned into a suburb-loving girl.



I have to admit though, that like everything else in life, the challenging parts of living in the suburbs come along with a few good ones too; one of them, that I've been enjoying every year since I moved here with my family, is the fact that we get to adorn our house, inside AND outside with as many green and flowering plants as our hearts desire. After long Canadian winters, it's honestly been one of the most enjoyable parts of living in this house. Each year, we've added a little more colour and variety to our garden and there's so much pride we get in seeing everything bloom and thrive for the entire warm season.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...