August 30, 2017

Summer Hiking


Around here, it seems like summer is essentially over. I remember waking up a couple of weekends ago, and getting this feeling of autumn being in the air. The sky was covered with dark grey clouds, it was windy and crisp, and it really felt like a fall day. Since then, most mornings have been just as cool, and with school being back in session this week (there's an elementary school two streets away from us, so we can hear the bells ringing and the kids laughing and playing outside on their break again), it really feels like summer is over.


To be honest, I'm not too upset, at least not as much as I usually am, to see summer go. For one, we didn't really have much of a summer to begin with. It was mostly rainy and cool, with just a few bouts of heat and consistent sunshine in between.

Also, at the beginning of the month, when I felt that little knot in my throat realizing that my favourite season is once again almost gone, I decided to do something about it. Instead of wallowing in sadness, I started looking forward and planning for the season ahead. I have to say, it's worked quite well. I really am excited for fall now, and ready to get to work on my goals and enjoy all that the season has to offer. Before that though, I do want to take a moment to look back on summer, short as it may have been, and remember some of my favourite moments from it.


We weren't able to book a long vacation this year, so instead we decided to explore and enjoy the sights closer to home. We spent several weekends hiking through parks within driving distance of our house (ones that we could get to and come back from in the same day), so before I turn the leaf on this summer, I wanted to share a few pictures of the beautiful places we've adventured to this season.








Tell me, what are your favourite memories from this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...